$120,000+ DOE, excellent benefits
Our client: A leading destination management company in Alaksa, offering a legacy of innovative, flexible and customized itinerary creation. They focus on employee development and customer service above and beyond, creating an environment of growth, where all team members can learn and develop new skills. To support continued growth, they are seeking a Controller to lead finance and accounting. This position reports to the CEO and is the most senior position in the finance department.
The company is experiencing rapid growth, with development of new reporting and control structures a high priority. The Controller will lead integration and consolidation of new acquisitions. This role is highly autonomous and entrepreneurial, ideal for an ambitious accounting professional who wants to lead development of the finance department, and make a direct impact on the company's success.
If you qualify please apply here or email your resume to peopleak.com today!
Would you like to:
- Oversee all company accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems, ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports; interpret and present financial information to the CEO and Board of Directors
- Develop Key Performance Indicator reports, with weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports of relevant financial and operating information
- Prepare financial budgets and forecasts, monitor variance against the budgets
- Integrate and consolidate all of Alaska Tours’ subsidiaries, including new acquisitions
- Lead and coordinate financials preparation with accounting staff at each of the subsidiaries
- Lead monthly close process
- Manage payroll and accounts payable
- Develop and manage financial controls within the organization
- Evaluate and manage risk in the organization
- Coordinate annual audits and proper filing of tax returns
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. CPA or related certification is highly preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting or finance; experience at a big four accounting firm preferred
- Experience with M&A accounting and consolidation of new entities, including opening balance sheets and purchase accounting valuations.
- Expertise in accounting software and highly proficient in Excel
- Ability to identify and solve problems beyond scope of work; willingness to perform a wide variety of tasks and projects
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate clearly
- Key leadership characteristics; customer service, innovation, continuous improvement and growth mindset, ownership, respect and teamwork
PeopleAK is here for you!
- Specialist recruiters, with over 50 years of combined experience
- No cost to our applicants
- Ability to look for a job while you’re still working
- Certified Staffing Consultants work for our clients, and advocate for our candidates
- Friendly Associate Recruiters working with you to present your best self