Senior Land & Aviation Surveyor
Salary: $102,000.00 - $135,000.00 DOE
Our client is looking for an experienced Senior Land & Aviation Surveyor with at least 10 years of experience as a licensed land surveyor and with expertise in FAA Aeronautical surveys and deliverables. They seek a highly motivated individual with senior-level survey knowledge, skill set, and the ability to help build our Aeronautical surveying services. If you have knowledge and the ability to work independently to complete a project while overseeing other projects utilizing available junior staff and are willing to work under the direction of the Survey Manager; this full-time permanent position may be for you.
Work includes working with clients affiliated with government and private sectors throughout Alaska and parts of the US to conduct boundary and subdivision plats, topographic, right-of-way, ALTA, hydrographic, UAV Aerial, and laser scanning surveys. Projects include airport improvement, road improvement, water and sewer, drainage and site improvement, schools, restaurants, bike paths, power plants, bulk fuel, water treatment plants, airports, military facilities, flood modeling, and riverine and coastal erosion.
If you qualify please apply here or email your resume to peopleak.com today!
- · Current registration in the State of Alaska or ability to acquire within 1 year
- · AS or BS Geomatics Degree or equivalent experience
- · Minimum of ten (10) years as a licensed surveyor
- · Valid driver’s license
Would you like to do the following, keep in mind it is not limited to:
- · Head up Aeronautical Survey projects.
- · Process static GPS and traverse networks
- · Prepare ALTA/NSPS Land Title Surveys and other boundary surveys, right-of-way maps, topographic surveys, subdivision plats, survey reports, legal descriptions, and exhibits,
- · Prepare AutoCAD Civil 3D drawings to clients’ drafting standards and requirements
- · Sign and seal surveys, maps, and survey-related documents
- · Perform in-process quality control of survey field activities and survey calculations
- · Work closely with clients, project managers, and design engineers
- · Meet critical deadlines within budget while organizing and managing multiple projects
- · Assist in proposals and fee estimates
- · Assist in technical training and mentorship of junior staff
- · Strong background in boundary/property law and boundary analysis
- · Office experience in the preparation of land surveying documents
- · Proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D and general computer skills
- · Proficient with processing and adjusting GPS and total station data
- · Proficient with survey equipment, such as GPS and robotic total station
- · Resourceful, adaptable, and problem-solving skills
- · Good written and oral communication skills
- Additional preferred skills:
- · UAV flight and data processing
- · ESRI ArcGIS Pro
- · Lidar and scanner processing
- · Ability and ambition to learn new survey technologies
- · Municipal, AKDOT and USACE surveys
- · AKDOT Right-of-way mapping
- · Airport aeronautical surveying
- Type of survey equipment used Leica GPS, robotic and laser scanning surveying equipment, Leica and DJI drones, and Sonarmite DFX echosounder hydrographic equipment. As well as Leica Infinity, Cyclone, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Pix4d, TopoDOT, ArcGIS Pro, and other miscellaneous surveying software.
PeopleAK is here for you!
Our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience placing candidates in rewarding roles. This is a free service for job seekers. Contact us today!