Our client: Committed to improving the lives of people living with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias, providing valuable services and support to those living with Alzheimer’s, and ensuring quality of life.
The Education Director is responsible for developing, implementing, and streamlining strategic initiatives and coordinating the alignment of Education department functions and the agency’s strategic plan. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in managing projects and teams.
If you qualify please apply here or email your resume to peopleak.com today!
Would you like to:
- Develop, manage, evaluate and support Education staff and programs.
- Develop annual goals and plans for achieving set goals
- Assess community needs and development of plans to target needs
- Develop and implement strategies in line with the agency’s goals and objectives
- Build and maintain community partnerships and strategic alliances
- Identify and work with new partners in under-served areas to expand programs and conduct Education activities
- Ensure consistent communication and involvement in decision-making processes
- Streamline and enhance existing processes and programs
- Provide leadership, guidance, and direction to education staff
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and statutes
- Provide necessary information and final review for education program grants
- Provide verbal and written reports, budgets and program statistics as requested
- Attend Agency meetings, such as staff and board meetings as required
- Ensure training and supervision of staff, interns and community volunteers assigned to Education programs.
- Support Agency’s mission and promote mission, philosophies, goals, and programs to the public.
Ideally you have:
- Bachelor's degree in education, social work, nursing, health, human services or closely related field; Master's degree preferred.
- Experience in human services field preferred.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Ability to pass a state and federal criminal background check.
- Valid Alaska driver’s license with a good driving record and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job duties
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of education and program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Ability to work with a wide range of people including family caregivers and healthcare professionals in rural and urban areas
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about Alzheimer's Disease and related dementias
- Knowledge of or ability to learn about geriatric issues
- Ability to be sensitive to clients of all cultures
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple priorities
- Ability to anticipate, identify, organize and analyze growth opportunities
- Ability to direct, supervise and evaluate personnel
- Ability to analyze information and make timely, appropriate decisions
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers, staff and external contacts to build and maintain successful teams
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to speak in public and conduct training programs
- Ability to work independently, follow directions and organize materials and time
- Ability to drive and use personal vehicle for Agency business
PeopleAK is here for you!
Our recruiters have over 50 years of combined experience placing candidates in rewarding roles. This is a free service for job seekers. Contact us today!