Anchorage, Alaska – The Alaska Chamber, the state chamber for Alaska representing nearly 800 organizations that employ over 100,000 hard-working Alaskans, is seeking to add a full-time Administrative Assistant to our team. The Administrative Assistant acts as the first contact for Chamber visitors and ensures efficient day-to-day office operation while assisting the President and CEO, and staff to deliver on the Chamber’s vision and mission.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: President and CEO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Position Status: Full Time
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service both in person and over the phone as the Chamber’s first point of contact.
- Monitor the Chamber’s voicemail and email account; respond to inquiries made in-person, by phone, standard email or fax, in a friendly, informative manner; research information as necessary.
- Provide administrative assistance to President and CEO, staff, and committees.
- Set up and clean up for Board and Committee meetings and other scheduled meetings.
- Handle correspondence for committee and Board meetings, send meeting reminders, maintain RSVP file, assemble and distribute meeting packets, and make all meeting preparations.
- Perform light accounting work to include membership billing, accounts receivables and bank deposits, prepare expense reports for staff. When checks and electronic payments arrive, generate an email to all staff with payment details.
- Maintain Chamber office: track and order office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available; keep office and kitchen in clean, organizational, working order; coordinate the maintenance of office equipment (copier, mail machine, etc.).
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents.
- Handle and sort incoming mail, faxes, and courier deliveries for distribution.; prepare and send outgoing faxes, mail, and courier parcels.
- Maintain an organized filing system, including paper and electronic files, photos, and other materials according to the established procedures. Update, backup, and ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases.
- Update binders: tracking legislation, finance, new hire/employee benefits, procedures and/or other documents pertaining to operations of the chamber.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Records the minutes for the quarterly Chamber Board meetings and draft meeting minutes for review by the President and CEO.
- Assists the President and CEO in assembling and distributing Board meeting packets.
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board/Committees.
- Support the Board with meeting, travel, and other arrangements.
- Create action list for staff from meetings.
- Track board seat development; resignations, vacancies, and appointments.
- Create memoranda and ratification notices as needed.
- Create checklists for meetings, including annual best practice documents.
- Policy Forum and Top Business Awards Preparation: compile all position submissions.
- Assist Communications & Events Director in planning and coordinating Chamber events in a timely, organized, and professional manner.
- Register attendees for events; verify billing account information.
- Prepare event supplies and deliver onsite when needed.
- Assist in updating and maintaining website.
- Update and maintain events manual to foster continuity of organization events.
- Coordinate and participate in employee relations’ events; prepare birthday, anniversary, and farewell cards for signatures.
- Assist Member Services Director with membership as needed.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date membership records in database.
- Create specific reports with criteria as requested.
- Assist in membership renewal activities: mailing, sponsorship, and follow-up.
- High school diploma or the equivalent and at least three years general business experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks as well as meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Internet based applications, and database management.
- Ability to master the use of a variety of office machines and equipment including a computer, calculator, copier, telephone and fax machine.
- Must be able to travel to attend meetings and Chamber functions as required.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
Open until filled.
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only candidates being considered will be contacted.
The Alaska Chamber is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Alaska Chamber is a non-profit founded in 1953 working to promote a positive business environment in Alaska. The Chamber is the voice of small and large business representing more than 800 businesses, manufacturers, and local chambers from across Alaska. Our member companies employ over 100,000 hard-working Alaskans. The Chamber supports and encourages a positive investment climate that provides certainty and stability for Alaska. View a list of our current priorities and positions at alaskachamber.com/priorities-and-positions.